Sunday, April 25, 2010

2010 Pull Up Challenge - Final Update


Log book says we surpassed the 2010 repetition mark this past week; nice!

Reflecting on the last 3 1/2 months, the education alone has been eye opening for sure. While I thought I knew something about pull ups before, what I really garnered was how much more there was to learn.

Human physiology, muscle impact, variants, technique, history and so much more has entered into my pull up vocabulary, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and "validated" at the same time. Before you say that I am getting carried away, let me assure you that I am grounded......but even more passionate now if that's possible.

Bottom line, pull ups are incredibly simple (not easy though) yet complex and powerful at the same time. They are the purist and most natural way to strengthen and build muscles in your back; we all want lats that resemble wings, no? But, pull ups will also sneak up and surprise you with their profound impact on your arms (biceps and forearms), and total core. I can promise you that this guy hasn't done and arm curl in four months, yet biceps are more pumped than ever. As I have said numerous times before, the pull up is the king of all back exercises in my view, providing benefits to every color muscle on the image I included along with this post.

It is perfectly clear that I am more of a STUDENT of the exercise today than than ever before and this "Pursuit" we initiated just keeps getting better and better. There is so much more to explore and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment