Sunday, November 7, 2010

Bartendaz...Cool!

This past week was all travel, with the better part of the week in New York City. I LOVE NY! Took the time to get out and run a bit all over town and got a workout in at Crossfit Hells Kitchen one early morning.

As I was running uptown, across town and all around town, I started thinking back to some videos I had seen and some articles I had read on some guys in Harlem that had really popularized Free Style Pull up Work..... Bartendaz. Bartendaz Inc is the fitness division of Constellation a non-profit organization that unites physical fitness, martial arts, youth empowerment and hip-hop to push our youth and our communities to higher standards of physical, social and moral excellence. They promote a lifestyle that comprises the notion, that being healthy, intelligent and street smart is cool. Check out Bartendaz.com

While the moves the Bartendaz master also include push ups and parallel bars, its the incredible pull up bar work that has always piqued my personal interest.

They have been everywhere (articles, TV, etc) and a quick google search will return video after video. Take a look at a quick preview.



Earlier this year, I had been experimenting with some of the moves and as the year draws closer to the end, I will re-introduce some of this work into my morning gym time.

No comments:

Post a Comment